The department was established in the year 2001 with an intake of 60 students. The department is equipped with all necessary infrastructure and laboratory facilities. Keeping in view of the vision of the institute, the department of ISE is working to achieve excellence in various aspects such as: students performance, effective teacher-student relationship, imparting quality education to students, motivating faculty and students towards research and imbibing best human qualities in students. The department has well established laboratories in the areas of Computing, Systems Programming, File Structures, Computer Networking, Microprocessor, Electronic Circuits, Data Structures, OOPS with C++, JAVA, Oracle, Web Programming, LEX and HAC along with the basic laboratories.
The Department has a strong and active Forum EXOTIC helping in all-round development of the students through various Technical Workshops on Recent Technologies like Python, XAMP for Web Application Development, Android etc. and are encouraged to participate in extracurricular, co-curricular and sports activities conducted throughout the year. Extensive placement trainings are conducted to improve employability of the students. The faculty of the department are actively involved in research activities in various technical domains.
Every semester our students are getting excellent results and got place at university topper list. Department has got 3rd rank for the university and our alumni are working in different reputed multinational companies at different levels in the area of application development & research.
"To evolve as an Excellent Technological Education Center of Information Science to create competitive & responsible engineering professionals for the advancement of society."
1. To provide application specific training for developing quality engineers in Information Science.
2. To develop creativity in students to become competent in the field of Information Science.
3. To inculcate social and ethical values in students to perform better in diverse environment.
1. To develop graduates who are proficient to solve wide range of computing related problems.
2. To prepare graduates who have the necessary skills required for higher education and Entrepreneurship.
3. To prepare graduates who have the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
1. Capable to design, develop & test the IT Solutions in real time.
2. Competent to apply knowledge to manage & monitor IT resources
Click here for 2017-18 activities
Click here for 2016-17 activities
Magazine for the academic year 2016-17 Click here to view
Magazine for the academic year 2015-16 Click here to view
Magazine for the academic year 2014-15 Click here to view
News Letter - 2016-17-volum3,issue2, even sem Click here to view
News Letter - 2016-17,vloum3-issue1, odd sem Click here to view
News Letter - 2015-16-volum2,issue2, even sem Click here to view
News Letter - 2015-16,vloum2-issue1, odd sem Click here to view
News Letter - 2014-15-volume1,issue2, even sem Click here to view
News Letter - 2014-15-Volume1,issue1, Odd sem Click here to view
Dr. Sunil Kumar B S
Professor & Head of the Department,
Department of Information Science and Engineering,
GM Institute of Technology,
PB Road, Davangere, Karnataka, India
Phone: (+91) 8192 233377 Extn: 147
Mobile: (+91) 9986325163, Email: email@example.com